Novonix has an immediate need for a project engineer!
The Project Engineer will monitor and coordinate activities concerning the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. He or she will participate in the conceptual development of a project and participate in its organization, scheduling, budgeting and implementation. This job post is directed toward engineers in specialized construction fields, but not limited to only civil engineers.
Provides input in plans, schedules, and coordination of project activities to meet deadlines.
Prepares and submits budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
Interprets and follows plans and contract terms for proper implementation.
Involved in directing construction or related workers in the field on various projects.
Reviews contracts or revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
Confers with supervisory personnel, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
Participates in planning, organizing, or directing activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
Utilizes engineering experience and problems solving skills to provide input and resolve issues with design and construction in the field.
Provides support of projects to maintain compliance with all applicable codes and standards.
Assists in developing new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or construction site emergencies.
Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
Other duties as assigned.
· Communication Skills
· Problem Analysis
· Attention to Detail
· Project Management
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other structures.
· Knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles for successful long-range business and management planning.
· The ability to apply general rules to specific problems producing logical answers and outcomes.
· The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
· Job requires care regarding detail and thorough thought in completing work tasks.
· Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical area of study.
5 Years of commercial/industrial construction or manufacturing experience.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Programs
For additional job details, visit Indeed job post.
You may also send your resume to be forwarded with Lulu Copeland.
Other engineering jobs from Novonix: Mechanical Engineer, Development engineer, etc.