About the job
You love programming and working in the industrial automation? You are looking for a challenging position
where you can show and improve your skills daily? Join a growing company in Chattanooga, show your best in-class programming capabilities and support us as Controls Engineer!
Responsibilities (Including but not limited to the following)
- Responsible for PLC programming, debugging, and troubleshooting of new automation systems
- Set up programs from scratch; Implementation of process charts
- Assist in the development of electrical and controls system design
- Communicate and collaborate with team members, leadership and costumers
- Present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Certain shift work and standby after customer take over
- Documentation and building of control program manuals
- Training of regular customer staff and maintenance crews at the customer facility Education/Training/Experience
- Degree in software or engineering (Bachelor/Technical College) or equivalent professional experience
- Preferred 2-5 years’ experience in the automotive line building industry and background with custom assembly equipment manufacturer
- Min. of 2 years of recent experience with Siemens PLCs, HMIs, and software in both Step7 classic/legacy, and TIA Portal
- Min. of 2 years’ experience with A-B Rockwell PLCs, HMIs, and software
- Experience in interfacing with robotics; i.e. Fanuc, Kuka, ABB
- Experience with data tracking and handling in PLC, interfacing with other controllers
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected (approx. 30-40%). The ability to travel internationally is required (passport). Must have valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
if interested and qualified, please email resume to email@example.com