Process Engineering SupervisorNokian Tyres, Dayton, TN
About the job
Reporting directly to Quality and Technology Manager, the Process Supervisor is responsible for assigned process management duties which includes identifying opportunities and implementing solutions for continual improvement of tire quality and processes and reducing scrap and waste throughout the factory.
- Minimum Undergraduate degree from an accredited institute of higher learning preferred or equivalent experience.
- MBA or other higher education degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience with minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, lean certification a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be available to work over-time and weekends when needed.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Logistics SpecialistNokian Tyres, Greater Chattanooga Hybrid
About the job
Reporting directly to the Transportation Manager, the Logistics Specialist will be responsible for coordination of inbound and outbound transportation of non-finished goods for the Dayton, TN factory. This position will play a key role in the import process for raw materials, working with our customs broker, global logistics team, procurement team, and transportation providers. S/he will also assist in delivering cost savings & efficiencies, strengthening relationships with our transportation partners, and ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations. This position is based in our Dayton, TN location. Remote/hybrid work is acceptable with occasional onsite meetings at company offices in Dayton, TN, Nashville, TN, and vendor locations.
click on Link to job details.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Supply Chain, Transportation/Logistics, Operations, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience within Logistics with 2 of those years focus in international transportation and strong understanding of Inco terms.
- Thorough understanding of US Customs processes and regulations
- Strong working knowledge of Air & Ocean Transportation; drayage; full truckload; LTL; rail; and freight forwarding/customs brokerage processes.
- IMDG/IATA HAZ Certificates and/or other industry designations a plus
- Experience with Oracle EBS, or other TMS and WMS systems
- Advanced level proficiency in MS-Excel
- Ability to work well in a matrixed team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15%, mainly in US and Canada but occasionally internationally.
- Lean/process improvement tools experience and interest in advancing applied knowledge in this area.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States - this position will not offer relocation or visa sponsorship.
Project Engineer / Project Manager
Thompson Engineering, Lima, Peru
About the job
This is a construction management position for an engineer with mechanical engineering knowledge and experience, i.e. HVAC, piping, fire protection, etc. The NAMRU project is with the US Navy laboratory. Duties include construction inspection, shop drawings review, RFI responses with contractors.
contact Lulu Copeland for additional details.